Overview of Safety Operations
Welcome to The Fireside Motel! While preparing to visit our oceanside property, please review our efforts to keep you, all of our guests, and our team safe and healthy.
- We support our team, staff and guests in their freedom to choose to wear a mask.
- Guests should not enter if they currently or have any of these symptoms within the last 14 days: fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle soreness, changes in taste or smell, or sore throat.
- Guests should observe physical distancing, cough/sneeze etiquette, and wash their hands often.
- All current and future hotel reservations can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. Contact us at 800-336-3573 for questions about existing and future reservations.
Commitment to our health and safety standards
Our commitment is steadfast to providing an exceptional experience while prioritizing the health of our guests, employees and community. After researching federal and industry guidance, we’ve developed and keep current our protocols and procedures to ensure our facilities and operations meet the highest standards.
Safety and cleanliness of our facilities
- All team members receive regular training based on the current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health department guidelines as well as a rapid response if an employee or guest shows signs of illness.
- While performing responsibilities, employees use job-specific PPE and gloves.
- Our properties use cleaning products and protocols that meet or exceed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) & CDC. These protocols are approved for the treatment of and are effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- Sanitation stations are located throughout the motel.
- Weather permitting, entry doors remain open to increase air flow.
- High touch areas are disinfected throughout the day, including door handles, counter tops, bathroom fixtures and handrails.
- Linens are laundered, following OSHA and CDC guidelines.
- Mid-stay housekeeping services are currently unavailable.
Adjustments to amenities and services
- Plexiglass partitions are at our front desks.
- Reusable guest contact items, including pens, are sanitized after each use.
- Credit and debit cards are the only accepted forms of payment. Cash transactions are suspended.
- All amenity requests can be picked up at the front desk or can be delivered and left on the exterior of the unit.
- Printed materials are single-use only and are replaced between guests. Please refer to our website for needed information during your stay.
- The Overleaf Spa is currently open only for guests of Overleaf Lodge.
- DVDs are free of charge for your entire stay, with a limit of 2 DVDs per room at a time. DVDs are sanitized between usage. (For Overleaf Lodge and The Fireside Motel guests only, please.)